lately, my favorite cereal is: Chex w/Chocolate. perfect crunchiness, and i get my choc.fix 1st thing in the morning…plus it’s low in sugar.
i try to stay under 10g of the toxin per svg, so if it’s over 9, i buy/mix two like cereals. i empty half into a pitcher, dump the healthier cereal to fill…then shake it…do a little jig in the kitchen (insert matt wertz CD here). then pour the pitcher of sweet stuff into the half-emptied healthier stuff. do a little jig or secure the box & have your kids help. then take the full bag out of the healthy-lookin box and destroy the evidence. recycle the box & just chip-clip the bag. here are some more ideas:
- Chex (Wheat or Bran) w/Chex Chocolate…
- Honey Bunches of Oats -Chocolate clusters w/Cocoa Crispies…
- Kix w/Cocoa Puffs, Reeses Puffs or Cap’n Crunch Crunchberries…
- Shredded Wheat Bites w/Frosted Mini-Wheat bites (or Spooners)
- Life w/Cinn. Life or Cinn. Toast Crunch
- Fruity Cheerios w/Fruit Loops
- Total or Special K w/Frosted Flakes
- Kashi Clusters w/a low-carb granola
no one ever knows the difference enough to mention it. for added goods, sprinkle in crunchy wheat germ, vanilla protein powder or bran. for added sweets, sprinkle splenda (or its generic counterpart, alterin?) instead of sugar. for added sustenance, slice your fruit of choice atop that pile of deliciousness. leave a comment for me if you try this & let me know how it went over!
ooo yum! I’ll have to try those One can never get too much chocolate! (unless you’re a dog)