So, it was almost 6 & we were gettin’ so hungry, so I wandered downstairs & grazed the kitchen to see what I could stir up. Here’s what I came up with:
- Uncle Ben’s Wild Rice (Do 1st: make as directed on box; allow 25-28 min.s to absorb)
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Tenderloins (thaw in microwave until water boils, then dump in boiling water for 8-10 min – til no longer pink inside)
- Cinnamon, Chili Powder, Sea Salt & Cracked Ground Pepper
- 1 egg, beaten w/pepper & 2 TB water
- Chop some mixed nuts (almonds, cashews, hazel & brazil)
- 1/2 c. canned Bread Crumbs
- E.V.O.O. …. & Honey
- Half bag of frzn Sugar Snap Peas (dump into bowl, cover and microwave for 3 min., stirring @ 1.5 min.)
- Raspberry Chipotle Sauce for dipping
Make rice as directed. Set timer & keep an eye on it while making rest of meal:
Boil chicken til barely cooked (8-10 min) Sprinkle w/cinnamon & chili pwdr, salt & pepper, & then transfer to E.V.O.O.-slicked low-heat skillet.
On small plate, crack open egg & add 2 TB water & pepper (beat w/fork). Then chop nuts & in med. bowl, mix nuts w/bread crumbs. Transfer chicken to plate. Turn skillet to med. heat & add E.V.O.O. Dip chicken pieces in egg mix, then crumb mix & then rest in skillet. Turn pieces over once (after a few minutes of browning into a crust).
When you have about 5 min.s left on timer (for rice), microwave Sugar Snap Peas for 3 min. Stop & stir @ 1.5. Then drain & season.
Drizzle Sweet Crusty Chicken pieces w/Honey & serve over bed of Wild Rice. Add SS Peas on side, Raspberry Chipotle Sauce for dipping, & a glass of Lambrusko (the only kind of wine we’ll drink). ENJOY!
My sweet & crusty hubby rated this one a “96” !! I’m such an AWESOME and HUMBLE cook.