So I finally gave Salmon Patties a try tonight ~ and they were super easy and yummy too! Here’s the specs I used:
- open/drain 2 (6oz) cans of salmon
- hand-beat 1 egg
- mix in 1.2 c. of quick oats or smashed crackers
- add salmon to the crumby mix
- finely chop up some bell peppers (& onions, or onion powder)
- also dash some salt and pepper (or lemon pepper if you want)
- pour canola oil into pan & heat on med-high, about 1″ deep
- mix peppers/& or onions all together w/salmon; form patties 1/2″ thick
- use a spatula to lower the patties in; cook/brown for several minutes til sides turn brown
- don’t flip too early…cook for a few minutes on other side to even it out (nice-n-brown all-ova).
Serve with fries, corn or whateva! Crunch away to your tummy’s content. My WHOLE family of 4 ate these (a big accomplishment) and wanted more…so next time I’d add 1 more egg , 1 more can of salmon & like 5 or 6 cracker crumbs.
Those look really great!