This is a healthy, yummy meal!
2 lbs tilapia fillets (or orange roughy, cod, red snapper)
2 tablespoons lemon juice (or lime)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1 dash hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In buttered 13-by-9-inch baking dish or jellyroll pan, lay fillets in single layer. Do not stack.
- Brush top with juice.
- In bowl combine cheese, butter, mayonnaise, onions and seasonings.
- Mix well with fork
- Bake fish in preheated oven 10 to 20 minutes or until fish just starts to flake.
- Spread with cheese mixture and bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes
- Baking time will depend on the thickness of the fish you use.
- Watch fish closely so that it does not overcook. This dish was a BIG hit with my picky family, and can be served with rice pilaf, garlic sour dough bread if you like, and either sauteed asparagus or whole green beans.
- Makes 4 servings. Note: This fish can also be made in a broiler. Broil 4 minutes or until almost done. Add cheese and broil another 2 to 3 minutes or until browned.