So easy, even a 9 year old can make it! (if watched like a hawk) – These muffins are the bomb. I like using frozen blueberries but can subst. with frozen blackberries & raspberries too… which thaw out & get all juicy in the baking process, making the muffin even moister.
Totally stole the recipe from online – but since we liked it so much here, thought I’d blog on it! Here’s a photo I took as I pulled them out of the oven…
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
PS – I always cut 3 minutes off the lowest oven time – so baked mine for 17 minutes and they were perfect. I left a few in there for 3 more min.s to see the difference, and they were too done.
Enjoy ’em like we did:
Slice one open shmear a slab of cream cheese on it & closed it up again. Hang out for a minute while the cheese softens and …devour.
lately, my favorite cereal is: Chex w/Chocolate. perfect crunchiness, and i get my choc.fix 1st thing in the morning…plus it’s low in sugar.
i try to stay under 10g of the toxin per svg, so if it’s over 9, i buy/mix two like cereals. i empty half into a pitcher, dump the healthier cereal to fill…then shake it…do a little jig in the kitchen (insert matt wertz CD here). then pour the pitcher of sweet stuff into the half-emptied healthier stuff. do a little jig or secure the box & have your kids help. then take the full bag out of the healthy-lookin box and destroy the evidence. recycle the box & just chip-clip the bag. here are some more ideas:
- Chex (Wheat or Bran) w/Chex Chocolate…
- Honey Bunches of Oats -Chocolate clusters w/Cocoa Crispies…
- Kix w/Cocoa Puffs, Reeses Puffs or Cap’n Crunch Crunchberries…
- Shredded Wheat Bites w/Frosted Mini-Wheat bites (or Spooners)
- Life w/Cinn. Life or Cinn. Toast Crunch
- Fruity Cheerios w/Fruit Loops
- Total or Special K w/Frosted Flakes
- Kashi Clusters w/a low-carb granola
no one ever knows the difference enough to mention it. for added goods, sprinkle in crunchy wheat germ, vanilla protein powder or bran. for added sweets, sprinkle splenda (or its generic counterpart, alterin?) instead of sugar. for added sustenance, slice your fruit of choice atop that pile of deliciousness. leave a comment for me if you try this & let me know how it went over!