Hebrews describes a list of people who lived by faith…or at least had a faith-filled defining moment that changed history, ie: “by faith, Rahab welcomed spies.” or “by faith, Moses’ parents hid him for 3 months, from the king, knowing they had an unusual child.”
I wonder what I’ve done that could be one day be recorded, “by faith, Chelan…” I’ve been thinking about it. What am I doing now that requires faith? Because isn’t action taken by faith what credits us righteousness? So I’ve been asking…me… “me, what are you doing that’s requiring faith, like, at this moment?” Hmmm…these are a few things that I’m certain of, that I do not see. That I’m sure of & hope for:
- I’m stepping out & speaking out for modern day orphans by joining the campaign to Stop Child Trafficking Now. With it being such an overwhelmingly covert, underground crime, the odds seem stacked against anyone trying to stop it. But I won’t stand by & not do anything.
- I’m watching God work in my husband’s heart, stirring it to give more money than we’ve ever given, act on convictions that may seem unnecessary or over the top to others, & take major steps in his business career to maximize his potential as a graphic artist. I’m thinkin’ it takes faith for a wife to say, Lord, I trust that You’re speaking to & using him, so I’ll not object, I’ll not give voice to worry, but I will hold my husband’s hand as he looks to you for his next step.
- I’m praying that God continues to keep my family healthy – he has so far protected us from major sicknesses, diseases, infections, car accidents, operations & broken bones since we moved to Texas and have not had the fortune of benefits. Any Dr. visits or meds have been “self-pay”, but God has been so faithful to provide the means…and He will continue to.
- I have faith that God will one day bring us back to Oregon. Perhaps when Ricky’s Graphic Art company keeps him so busy with all kinds of freelance work that he’ll have to turn work down, he’ll have the liberty to work anywhere. In God’s timing, I believe “anywhere” could very well be Oregon again, where my little ones, while still little, may spend much quality time with their cousins, aunts, uncles, my parents…with enough left over to visit grandparents & extended family, plenty-frequently in Texas.
- I’m praying with faith that the Lord keep my precious children safe ~ from getting lost, stolen, or even bullied on the playground. I’m trusting God to give me wisdom as to how to be a safer, smarter, more responsible mommy.
That’s all I can think of. God if you’re reading this, thank you…for all you do & have done. Make good on your promises ~ show me all kinds of miracles and blessings as a result of these little acts of faith, use me & grow me as a woman after your will, and may they all be credited to me as righteousness, in your eyes. I love you so much.
Kim – thanks for the idea you gave me months ago, to record faith-statements. I’d love to hear all of yours too!
Wow. That is amazing and your prayer brought tears to my eyes! I second it! Love you!
Thank you, Kim!
Thank you for your thoughts, but please send these kind via email or call me with them, in the future, so we can talk through it.